20th International Conference on Subterranean Biology was held on 29th August - 03th September in Postojna, Slovenia. It was organized by Biotehniška fakulteta - Univerza v Ljubljani, Inštitut za razkiskovanje krasa ZRC SAZU and Notranjski muzej Postojna. 108 lectures, 68 poster presentations and two short documentary was held by scinetists from 24 countries. Conference program was organized in 10 symposia: 1. Superficial Subterranean Habitats, 2. Patterns and processes in Subterranean Biodiversity, 3. Phylogeography and Phylogeny, 4. Subterranean Aquatic Annelida, 5. Countdown 2010 and Conservation of Subterranean Life, 6. Microbiology and Geomicrobiology, 7. Adaptation, Development, Physiology, 8. Systematics and Faunistics, 9. Evolution and Systematics of Subterranean Beetles, 10. New Models, Methods, and Concepts for Subterranean Biology
Noumerous members of Croatian Biospeleological Society participated in Conference. Also noumerous young students of biology participated with poster presentations.
Authors and coauthors onoral presentations from Croatia:
- Gottstein, S.*, Žganec, K., Cetin Krnjević, V., Popijač, A. - Life history traits of the epigean populations of Niphargus dalmatinus (Crustacea: Amphipoda) along the Cetina River, Croatia.
- Bedek, J. - Data analysis of spatial distribution of cave terrestrial isopods (Isopoda: Oniscidea) in Croatia
- Ozimec, R.*, Polak, S., Bedek, J., Zakšek, V. - Biospeleological component of the project KUP (Karst Underground Protection) in Istra Peninsula
- Karaman, I.*, Ozimec, R. - New long-legged cave dwelling representatives of the Balkan genus Cyphophthalmus (Opiliones, Cyphophthalmi, Sironidae) and the question of the functional significance of troglobite appendage elongation.
- Lukić-Bilela, L., Pleše, B., Bruvo-Mađarić, B., Imšek, M., Bilandžija, H., Ćetković, H. - The mitohondrial genome analysis of the unique cave dwelling sponge Eunapius subterraneus Sket & Velikonja, 1984 (Porifera: Spongillidae)
- Short documentary: Lukić, M. - Behavior of Cave Fauna
Authors and coauthors on poster presentations from Croatia:
- Bilandžija, H., Podnar, M., Jalžić, B., Patarčić, I., Tvrtković, N., Ćetković, H. - Phylogeny and phylogeography of the cave bivalve Congeria kusceri, with an outline for its endengerment in Croatia
- Cukrov, M., Manconi, R., Cukrov, N., Jalžić, B., Despalatović, M. - Biodiversity in anchialine caves: first record of the tubeworm Ficopomatus enigmaticus (Annelidae, Polychaeta)
- Crnčević, M., Ivanišin Kardum, K., Sudarević, N. - Conservation education of cave and subterranean biodiversity: Dubrovnik underground tales
- Lukić, M., Houssin, C., Deharveng, L. - Extreme troglomorphy in a new species of cave springtail, Tritomurus sp. nov., from Croatia (Collembola: Tomoceridae)
- Komerički, A., Ozimec, R. - Faunistic and biogeographic characteristics of the centipedes (Chilopoda) in Croatia with special reviw on the genus Eupolypothrus (Lithobiidae)
- Ozimec, R., Karaman, Ivo M., Tulić, U., Pavičević, M., Lukić-Bilela, L. - Biospeleological research of Pećina na Vrelu Mokranjske Miljacke Cave in Bosnia and Hercegovina
- Jalžić, B., Bregović, P. - The edge of the range of genus Antroherpon in Croatia
More about Conference see at official site of Conference
Next Conference will be held in Košice in Slovakia.